HOUSTON (December 13, 2017) – OTC Global Holdings (OTCGH), the leading independent commodities interdealer broker, celebrated its 10th anniversary with a year of significant growth, continued expansion of its EOXLive platform’s client base and numerous other milestones.
The company kicked off the year by announcing the opening of its OTC Asia office in Singapore in January. The new office and venture into the Asia Pacific region completed the company’s global service model, allowing OTCGH to serve every major global crude swaps market with a live broker at any time during the global workday via its Aalpha Energy desks in Houston, London, New York and now Singapore.
In addition, the company’s OTC Europe subsidiary acquired London-based global physical and financial oil products firm Oil Brokerage Limited in October. The deal, which added Oil Brokerage’s more than 70 employees working at offices in London and Singapore to OTCGH, further strengthened OTC Europe’s and OTCGH’s position as a major global player across all commodity markets by deepening its liquidity pools, product offerings, expertise and information resources in the global physical and financial oil products.
Finally, thanks to the continued support of OTCGH’s brokers the company also saw continued growth of the client base for its EOXLive platform. This resulted in more trader-to-trader interaction and multiple record-setting natural gas market volume totals, such as August’s 296,430 Natural Gas Options sides which eclipsed the previous record (from June 2017) by nearly 19 percent.
Other highlights for the company during the year included:
- OTCGH’S Choice Natural Gas being name “Best Broker in Weather Risk Management in North America” by Environmental Finance
- Joe Kelly, previously OTCGH’s President and Chief Operating Officer, being named Co-CEO in February;
- OTCGH’s selection as “Broker of the Year” by renowned international trading and risk management industry publication Energy Risk for the second straight year in May;
- ION Energy Group, the largest natural gas options broker in the world and a portfolio company within OTCGH, ringing the Closing Bell during the Nasdaq stock market closing ceremony on August 3;
- OTCGH support of those impacted by Hurricane Harvey by corporately matching and donating 100 percent of its voluntary employee commissions during a Charity Day on September 8;
- ION Energy Group brokering the first Natural Gas Liquids (NGL) Block trade on the Nasdaq Futures Exchange (NFX) on December 7.
“The last 10 years have flown by for Joe Kelly and myself and we are very proud of how OTC Global Holdings has transformed from a group of independent brokerages that banded together into the world’s dominant independent commodity broker,” said Javier Loya, OTCGH’s chairman and Co-CEO. “While our achievements and activities from 2017 were tremendous, what really excites Joe and I are the opportunities the next 10 years present as we continue to gain market share, enhance our technology and data offerings, and diversify our portfolio of services in order to continue providing the best client experience and service in the market.”
About OTC Global Holdings
Formed in 2007, OTC Global Holdings has become the world’s largest independent institutional broker of commodities, covering financial and physical instruments from offices in Chicago, Des Moines, Geneva, Houston, London, Louisville, New Jersey, New York and Singapore. The company is a leading liquidity provider on CBOT, ICE, NYMEX and NFX, ranking number one amongst its peers in numerous derivatives contracts across biofuels, emissions, commodity index products, crude oil, natural gas, natural gas liquids (NGLs), metals, petrochemicals and refined products, power, proppants, soft commodities, and weather derivatives. The company serves more than 450 institutional clients, including over 70 members of the Global Fortune 500, and transacts in hundreds of different commodity delivery points in Asia, Europe and the Americas. To learn more about the company, please visit www.otcgh.com or go to https://player.vimeo.com/video/146686709.
# # #